So you want to be a Belle...
Belle Tones holds auditions during the first two weeks of school every year. Stay tuned for 2018 audition information.
Sign ups are now available for Fall 2018! Please read all the information below before signing up for your audition.
Who can audition?
If you are an SMU undergrad student, love to sing, and want to be one of the coolest ladies on campus, then Belle Tones is for you! We're ready to be dazzled by singers of all skill levels and experience.
FAQ About Auditions:
- When are auditions, and how do I sign up?
Belle Tones scouts out baby belles during the first two weeks of every school year. Sign ups will be posted on this page.
- I've been classically trained since birth, I've won multiple riff offs against Mariah Carey, and I beatbox for Kanye West in my spare time. Should I audition for Belle Tones?
Yes. We love you.
- I've never been in choir or taken voice lessons, but my shower head thinks I have some serious talent. Should I audition for Belle Tones?
Absolutely. We love you too.
- Do I need to prepare something to sing? What song should I choose?
Part of your audition will include a prepared a cappella solo. Choose a verse and a chorus of a song that you feel comfortable singing that showcases your range and vocal abilities. The song can be anything from Amazing Grace to Beyoncé- we just want to see what you can do!
- What else will I be asked to do in my audition?
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your audition to fill out an audition form with information about how to contact you, your past musical experience, availability, etc. The audition itself will last about 10 minutes. During that time, you will sing your prepared solo, do a short sight reading exercise, and go through some musical exercises.
If you have any other questions about Belle Tones or the audition process, please feel free to contact our president, Maddie Clewis, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or our business manager, Gabby Dave, at email@example.com.
FALL 2018 AUDITION SIGN-UPS!
Auditions will be held on Tuesday August 28th and Wednesday August 29th, from 6pm to 10pm, in Meadows room #1030.
Click the link below to sign up for your audition time!
Need help finding the Belles?
The Belle Tones rehearse in Meadows every week on Tuesdays from 7:00-9:00 PM and Sundays from 6:00-8:00 PM.